Job Title: Recruitment Administrator
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent / Full-time
About the Group
The NFA Group is the largest independent providers of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering. With Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide special needs education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
This is your chance to join a new in-house recruitment team and help improve recruitment to our biggest schools. You will advertise job vacancies, talk to job applicants and provide the schools with a shortlist for interview.
As the Recruitment Administrator you will manage the ‘front end’ of the recruitment process for our three largest schools. You will advertise the vacancies and talk to applicants on the phone to give them a clear idea of what the job involves. You will also assess the quality of the applicants and provide the schools with a shortlist they will interview.
The Recruitment Administrator roles was created because of the challenges we face attracting and selecting the right quality of candidate we need in our schools. So, you will play a central role in improving the recruitment process including how we advertise, where we advertise and how we shortlist for interview.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an excellent communicator able to positively represent the company in all written communications and able to accurately portray the job to applicants, selling the benefits. You will have experience of managing a database and a keen eye for detail, as you will be managing the applicant tracking system and producing reports on recruitment performance. You will be required to ask basic shortlisting questions of candidates so you will be comfortable interacting with a variety of people on the phone regularly. You will be required to actively manage the candidate pipeline and develop action plans to increase applications, if they are low.
Finally, we are looking for someone who is interested in a career in recruitment. This is a new job and you will play a key role in improving recruitment performance in a sector that has staff shortages. The experience you gain in this role will open up opportunities for you at the NFA Group and externally. You will be working from our Bolton office as a member of the Resourcing team and the HR Department.
1. Manage the ‘front end’ recruitment process for our three largest schools.
2. Manage all job vacancies and candidates in the applicant tracking system ensuring all job details are correct and candidate records are kept up to date.
3. Create all job vacancies using information provided by the schools.
4. Advertise all job vacancies using online job boards and monitor the effectiveness of these methods making changes to improve the volume and quality of candidates.
5. Phone all new job applicants to provide them with a realistic idea of the job and to sell the benefits of working at the school.
6. Shortlist applicants to be submitted to interview by reviewing their application forms and asking them basic screening questions over the phone.
7. Run reports from the applicant tracking system to demonstrate recruitment performance.
8. Quality check applicant tracking system data to ensure all job details and candidate records are up to date.
9. Work with the Head of Resourcing and the Resourcing Specialist to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment process.
10. Communicate regularly with the three schools to ensure an efficient end to end recruitment process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Happy to spend 40% of time on the phone to applicants
- Applicant tracking system or database management experience
- A keen eye for detail
- A quick learner
- Interested in a career in recruitment
- Recruitment experience
- Experience of writing job adverts
It is important to review the Acorn Care and Education website for insight into the schools we manage the recruitment process for www.acorncare.co.uk/
Applications are invited online through the National Fostering Agency careers website https://www.nfa.co.uk/jobs/vacancies. If you have any questions please contact the Recruitment Team on 01204 556 360
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Permanent - Full Time
£19,000 - £21,000 dependent on experience
Supporting files:Apply online now!