Learning and Development Specialist
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you.
The NFA Group is the leading children’s services provider in the UK with children firmly at the heart of everything we do Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
We have recently established a new Learning and Development function to meet the training needs of around 2,500 employees. We are now seeking a talented and creative L&D Specialist to join the team in our Bolton office. This is a broad L&D role but there will be an emphasis on designing engaging and interactive online solutions. We have invested in a new LMS so it’s important that you have the technical knowledge and passion make our training anything but boring!
It is an exciting time to join as there are lots of projects in the pipeline and an opportunity to help shape the L&D offer for the NFA Group.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has a proven-track record within a similar role. This is an ideal position for a creative individual who is excited to get involved and be instrumental in designing online learning for the Group and developing training solutions based on a 70-20-10 model of delivery. Ideally, you will be an expert in using Articulate 360 and have extensive experience in implementing, developing and enhancing LMS.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable liaising with a variety of subject matter experts and key stakeholders to understand their business and people performance requirements, including learning needs analysis. In order to ensure learning effectiveness and business impact, the design will be underpinned by an evaluation model.
You should be someone who takes pride in their work and who can take projects on and see them through to a successful outcome.
- Work with experts in the organisation to capture their knowledge and convert it into a learning experience which will educate our learners and create an experience they enjoy.
- Will have a keen eye for detail and design to ensure we create on-brand, beautifully designed courses, which will be loved by learners and stakeholders alike.
- Has the ability to produce a rich selection of default and custom reports enabling us to easily monitor and track performance.
- Will manage the LMS, troubleshoot problems and meet learner expectations of customer service.
- Works with the Group Learning and Development Manager to create a fully blended training approach: eLearning, classroom and web conferencing all managed within the LMS.
- The ability to capture and edit video and audio content would be advantageous.
- Seeks to capture resources and knowledge from experts within the organisation to create a comprehensive resource library and to share best practice across the organisation via the LMS.
- Embraces the potential of social, collaborative and community learning methodologies to further develop learning engagement and effectiveness.
- Understands how to effectively apply learning theories.
- Scoping projects and developing learning outcomes.
- Developing appropriate assessments.
- Storyboarding and script writing.
- Experienced user of Articulate 360, or similar, and LMS.
- Extensive knowledge of digital and e-learning training solutions.
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Competent in the use of multimedia software with the ability to develop skills in editing images, audio and video clips.
- Confident to advise on the technology available to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can present examples of own work at interview.
Why work for us
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
If this sounds like your dream job and you meet all the requirements we’re looking for (and more), we want to hear from you.
Interviews will be on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th October
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Permanent - Full Time
£30,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
Supporting files:Apply online now!