The National Fostering Agency (NFA) Group is the UK's largest independent children's services group. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering. With Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide education and care across 19 schools and 20 residential care homes nationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Accountant to join the NFA Group. The group is fast growing and is regularly acquiring new fostering agencies, schools or residential care homes. The role will be a key resource in terms of the year end audit and production of the yearly statutory accounts and corporation tax returns. The role will assist with the production of annual budgets and help to monitor cash flow across the group.
Reporting to the Senior Group Accountant the Trainee Accountant will support the Group Accountants with accurate financial accounting, tax accounting and compliance of the monthly and YTD group results
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a part qualified accountant, AAT level 4 or recent graduate with a relevant degree and experience, who is keen to continue their studies towards the ACCA professional accountancy qualification, which will be fully supported.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and keen to grow with the organisation and become a future Group Accountant. You will have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, showing initiative and taking ownership of tasks.
- Assist with the production of the monthly management accounts for multiple corporate cost centres
- Process cash transfers and perform month end cash and bank reconciliations for the group shared service centre and group accounts
- Produce Balance Sheet reconciliations for review and sign off
- Maintain the central Fixed Asset registers calculating and posting the monthly depreciation charges
- Support the Group Accountants with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Support the preparation and review of the audit packs prior to submission to the auditors
- Work closely with the divisional finance teams to aid them with query resolution
- Assist with the preparation and filing of the annual statutory accounts and corporation tax returns.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at different levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Be able to work alone and tackle tasks proactively.
- Show good initiative and take ownership of tasks or issues.
- Good Excel skills – specifically data manipulation.
- Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous, though not essential.
- Working knowledge of MS Office is essential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Permanent - Full Time
up to £21,000
Supporting files:Apply online now!