Programme Support Officer
Programme Support Officer
The National Fostering Agency (NFA) Group is the UK’s largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and residential children’s homes. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes. Now with Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide education and care across 17 schools and 17 residential children’s homes nationally.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the NFA Group as an integral member of a brand-new team. As Programme Support Officer, you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the delivery of business and service development activity.
Working with the Business Development Director and Business Development Team providing a professional support function in the delivery of projects, completing investigative and analytical tasks, arranging meetings, workshops and conferences, preparing reports, business cases and action plans for a range of business and service development projects to drive growth and improvement within the Group.
Who we are looking for
You will have experience in successfully supporting the running of projects or programmes and have a strong ability to build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills in order to produce reports on complex data sets, making recommendations to effectively inform project design and development.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, highly organised and able to work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will have experience of project management and knowledge of change management.
- To play a key role in the operation of the Business Development Unit by providing professional support and administration
- To support with programme reporting
- To work with Registered Managers, Headteachers and Directors across the Group on projects to review current services and work with them to develop and establish effective service delivery solutions.
- To extract, analyse and interpret complex data and information from multiple systems
- To develop, maintain and influence effective and regular relationships
- Undertake relevant relationship management activity with Local Authority customers including the updating and maintenance of the CRM Database.
- Educated to A-Level standard of equivalent
- Experience in successfully supporting the running of a project/programme delivery office
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills using a wide range of media (e.g.oral/written/presentations)
- Good analytical skills including knowledge of techniques for data collection and analysis
- Excellent Excel skills
- Resourceful & able to take the initiative
Why work for us
• Private health care
• Dental Cover
• Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
• Extensive training suite
• Career development across the Group
• Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Permanent - Full Time
Supporting files:Apply online now!