Service Development Manager
Service Development Manager
The National Fostering Agency (NFA) Group is the UK’s largest independent provider of high quality foster care and special needs education and residential children’s homes. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes. . Now with Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide education and care across 17 schools and 17 residential children’s homes nationally.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the NFA Group as an integral member of a brand-new team. As a Service Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing relationships with Local Authorities across the UK and in this role you will make an impact on our services for children and young people in need of care and those with special educational needs.
Reporting to the Business Development Director you will own a number of national projects helping to drive and shape delivery of services to vulnerable children in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering these projects maximising opportunities to deliver services to our customers and enabling the Group to respond to Local Authorities more effectively.
Who we are looking for
You will have experience of working for a Local Authority, in either service delivery or commissioning/contracting or an independent provider of services for vulnerable children, where you have significant knowledge of services for Looked After Children and those Special Educational Needs. The ideal candidate will have demonstratable experience of leading strategic improvement activities and managing the design of service delivery models within services for children and young people.
We are looking for someone who is resourceful, tenacious and driven in order to solve complex problems and implement innovative solutions. The successful candidate will be confident in building strong relationships with internal stake holders to drive change and with Local Authorities to ensure ours services meet customer needs.
Please note there will be nationwide travel to NFA Group offices and Local Authorities across the UK.
- Proactively design, lead and successfully deliver a range of service development and improvement projects
- Ensure the Group maintains and builds successful and enduring partnerships with LA’s by developing, executing and continually reviewing Customer Relationship and Engagement Plans
- Champion collaborative working across the Group’s services identifying and maximising opportunities
- Intelligently and routinely interpret current and future customer needs
- Define and regularly report on key performance indicators relating to delivery of the Group Business Development Strategy and Divisional Business Plans
- Coordinate the gathering, analysis and interpretation of data from a variety of sources to inform projects
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a directly relevant subject area or equivalent level of knowledge
- Scoping options for improvements to services, demonstrating impact on outcomes in a commercial environment
- Evidence of effective project and change management skills and the ability to lead and deliver projects to timescales
- Demonstrate personal leadership with authenticity and the demeanour and credibility, which inspires confidence and motivates colleagues
- Management experience within children’s services
- Full UK Driving Licence
Why work for us
- Private health care
- Dental Cover
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
- Extensive training suite
- Career development across the Group
- Professional support network
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Permanent - Full Time
£45000 to £50000, plus £3000 car allowance
Supporting files:Apply online now!