Learning & Development Trainer
Job Title: Learning and Development Co-ordinator
Contract Type: Full Time / Permanent
Salary: up to £37,000 per annum + £3,000 car allowance
Home based with extensive travel across the Midlands (Nottingham, Solihull, Bromsgrove, Leicester, Oundle, Coventry, Stafford, Telford, Milton Keynes, Northampton)
In order to meet the challenges ahead the NFA Group provide a high standard of learning and development opportunities to foster carers, we are now seeking to strengthen our existing team by appointing a Trainer.
If you are a qualified social work practitioner with sound experience in fostering and services for children or similar, who has experience of developing and delivering training courses which you would like to develop further this role will be of interest to you.
About the Group
This is your chance to join a high achieving team at the NFA Group within the training team. The NFA Group is the largest independent providers of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering. With Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide special needs education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
This role is a full-time, home-based position with a salary of £37,000. The ideal candidate will have significant experience as a Supervising Social Worker, Senior Practitioner and experience of training Foster Carers and possess an enthusiastic & bubbly personality. You will be required to hold training sessions across different training venues across the Midlands.
Why work for us
- Car Allowance of £3,000
- 25 days annual leave (increases with length of service to a maximum of 30 days) + Bank Holidays
- Excellent progression opportunities
- An excellent work-life balance
- Pension Scheme
- Other excellent benefits
Duties and Responsibilities for the Foster Carer Trainer:
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the training requirements for and training needs of both foster carers and staff
- Contribute to the development of course content, materials and planning
- Work to support the Training Manager to produce the annual regional training plans
- Develop & deliver approved courses for: Foster Carer Applicants, Approved Foster Carers & Staff
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills as a social work practitioner and a trainer
- A recognised Social Work qualification (Degree/Diploma)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Significant experience of working within Fostering as a Supervising Social Worker, Senior Practitioner or Social Work training role
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the current legislation and frameworks relevant to Children Social Care and Fostering
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Permanent - Full Time
Home based with extensive travel across the Midlan
up to £37,000.00 + £3,000 car allowance
Supporting files:Apply online now!