Financial & Systems Accountant
The National Fostering Agency (NFA) Group is one of the largest independent providers of high quality foster care and special needs education and care. We partner closely with Local Authorities and UK foster carers to create the best possible opportunities and outcomes for child fostering. Now with Acorn Care and Education a part of the NFA family we provide education and care across 17 schools and 17 residential care homes nationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial & Systems Accountant to join the NFA Group. The group is fast growing and is regularly acquiring new fostering agencies, schools or residential care homes. The role is key in working with the divisional teams and ensuring new sites and legal entities are onboarded on a basis consistent with existing processes.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller the primary purpose of this role is to assist with the accounting and financial controls of NFA Group ensuring accurate financial and statutory accounting and compliance. The successful candidate will be a key member of the group finance team and become a “super user” of the finance system to ensure strong systems and processes are in place.
Who we are looking for
You will have experience of financial systems and statutory accounts production, as well as experience in database management systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and controlling the Groups finance system and nominal ledger to maintain the integrity of the system.
We are looking for a part qualified/qualified accountant who can identify opportunities to automate processes and enable users to self-service as much as possible across the group. The successful candidate will be required to manage and develop reporting to accurately reconcile the groups financial systems.
- Work with the wider finance team and suppliers to project manage and implement changes and improvements to our systems as part of our continuous improvement programme.
- Provide general support and troubleshooting for month end, year end, group reporting and planning cycles.
- Work closely with the Senior Group Accountant to support the month end process.
- Support the timely, accurate completion of the monthly financial close including reconciliation of the Group Intercompany position.
- Assist in the production of year end audit packs for distribution and completion by finance managers across the Group.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Permanent - Full Time
up to £38,000
Supporting files:Apply online now!